The first masses were prayed in the basement of St. Margaret Mary Church in Neenah. At the first parish meeting on July 6 1959, Don Hassler and Paul Peeters were elected trustees and the building committee was formed.
On Easter Sunday April 17, 1960, less then a year after the Bishop's letter Father Stingle broke ground for the church school combination. Since then the neighboring parishes and gifts and pledges raised to build a new Catholic faith community.
The original St. Gabriel committee consisted of Charles O" Meara, Bill Geher, Dick Abb, Don Hassler, Paul Peeters, Lyle Jacob, and George Strum. The alter was consecrated on March 9, 1961 by Bishop John Grellinger. On the feast of St. Gabriel, March 24, Monsignor Joseph Glueckstein, pastor of the St. Margret Mary Parish, prayed the first Mass. Later in the day, Fr. Stingle prayed a solemns high Mass in the new church. Dedication of the new church and school complex was held on September 17, 1961.